Information Cities ...
IBM HCI PIC
IBM HCI PIC Seminars
Interact 2005 Paper
AVIOS 2005 Paper
IEEE CG&A Paper
CACM: Information Cities
MM 2003 Demo
Social Browsing Paper
W3C WAI RDIG Talk
Events in 2005
IUI 2005: Jan 9-12
AVIOS 2005: Feb 21-23
AOSD 2005: Mar 14-17
CHI 2005: Apr 2-7
WWW 2005: May 10-14
ECSCW 2005: Sep 18-22
Interact 2005: Sep 19-22
ASSETS 2005: Oct 9-12
UIST 2005: Oct 23-26
Group 2005: Nov 5-9
MM 2005: Nov 6-12
CSCW 2004 Workshops
CHI 2003 Tutorials
CHI 2002 CHIplace
CSCW 2000 Video
Columbia Spring 2000
Web Collaboration site
I Have Moved
I recently joined Nokia Research Center after spending almost 2 years at a startup Metaweb Technologies. At Nokia, I am working in an incubator group that is exploring and developing new Internet Services and Solutions in the Mobile, Collaboration, and Business Enterprise spaces. Prior to this position, I worked at Metaweb Technologies developing UI, AJAX technologies, and applications for Semantic Web. A showcase product called Freebase has recently become publicly visible.
Analysis of Norms Development on Portkey published at Interact 2005
C. Danis & A. Lee. Evolution of Norms in a Newly Forming Group.
Gary Poock Best Paper Award at AVIOS 2005
T.V. Raman and I co-authored this year's AVIOS best paper entitled Speech-Enablement of Eclipse IDE and Eclipse Rich Client Applications Using AspectJ.
- A "Java + VoiceXML" programming model akin to "XHTML + VoiceXML" that enables Web GUI developers to speech-enab
le Web applications; reference implementation for Eclipse SWT toolkit.
- An approach to broad-based accessibility for graphical applications using the Eclipse f
ramework and AspectJ (aspect-oriented programming).
- Web accessibility scaffoldings that enable seniors to learn skills to function online with greater autonomy.
- Web-based knowledge sharing and social interaction portals
for members to meet, network, and share tacit knowledge and experiences.
- Social browsers (e.g., People browser, and Conversation browser) that enable participants to explore relationships between people and discussions.
- New paradigms for Web-based collaboration (concept demo ~5M).
- Web-based customer-relationship management.
- Forms abstraction toolkit recast as a Web technology.
- Video-based background awareness tool, known as NYNEX Portholes.
Research Areas: Human-Computer Interaction,
Computer-Supported Cooperative Work,
Multimedia Information Access and Management.
Research Topics: Accessibility, Communities,
Computing-off-the-Desktop, Multimodal Interactions,
Personal Information Access and Management,
Social Information Visualization, Sociable Collaborative Spaces,
UI Programming Models, Virtual Meetings, and Web Application Development.
Palo Alto, CA 94306